25 June 2009

On Poetry IV...

part 1 - the destination
city of hopes & dreams
funneling it all like jell-o shots
or j.lo on the 6
speed racer city streets moving
quick as my mind
quick as this pen
speed & danger, moving all the time
lights camera action
runways & sidewalks
uptown & downtown
theaters shows & art

part 2 - the path
NYC-bound
DC-bred
Lex Vegas latest
Dakar, the nose of the Motherland
Sent sweet scents circling me
Sending me to streets north
Pine Ridge, my tiospaye held arms open
When tears of mountains shed
Watering these hopes of generations pushing north
Caribbean cuisine causes currents
Callous colonials creating conflict
Cleaning, carving, culture, coursing north
The world pushes past thoughts & plans
Laid straight through the curves of my mind & body
Every corner & word pulsing out, up, North


Copyright A. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment